- Roast vegies (leftover over from Christmas day or other celebrations)
- 6 eggs, whisked & seasoned
- Goat’s or Fetta cheese
- Ghee (for cooking)
- Coriander, picked (for garnish)
- Salt and Pepper
Last Night’s Roast Veg Frittata
Preheat oven to 200 degrees
Heat a large, non-stick, oven-proof pan & add ghee
Add vegies and toss to heat through and caramelise
Pour vegies out into a bowl
Add eggs to the empty pan and scatter roasted vegies on top
Top with crumbled cheese and place in the oven until egg puffs up and cheese begins to brown (approx. 3-5 mins)
Garnish with Coriander, salt flakes, pepper & paprika and serve
- Shocking the eggs with heat from the start will mean they stay fluffy and moist through the centre; so be sure to preheat that oven!
- Be careful removing the pan from the oven, and leave a tea-towel on the handle- many a palm has been burned by a lapse in memory!
Tips and Tricks
- Based on the spices/herbs that you use, this can take on many different international directions! Try adding kecap manis or soy sauce for some Asian flair, or oregano and diced tomatoes for an Italian touch.
- Anything with egg on it tastes better… so feel free to whack anything languishing in your fridge into your frittata.